Saturday, September 29, 2018

so far behind I won’t find myself for a week

dusting, mowing, cleaning three month old shit out of the fridge, how much fun can one have before a straight jacket is required?...took time out to be at the drawing south of here...54 numbers and it is down to one...50 which has to be the winner and the pot is at 2,561,500....next week I will be back and see about bringing it home. In the meantime I need an oil change in everything I own...maybe even me...

I see at trip to Branson Mo in a few weeks...maybe early Nov right before gun season comes in..

The new scope for my 6.5 Creedmore should be here in a couple weeks and I can sight that in around 500 yards...then take a few at 1000 to see how they fly...

All the mowing is caught up but the new blade didn’t cut as clean I would have wanted...will take it off and hit the edge a little with a stone to sharpen it...then I can mow everything again in a week to clean it up and mulch it mowed grass in..

I realized today that when my phone rings it is most always someone wanting something from me...no one calls to chat anymore...they text...and I abhor texting....but no one calls to say hi so life goes on

2 comments:

  1. You gave your whole summer to someone so it is no surprise you are so way behind. But you seem to be a busy man all year long so I am surprised you can keep up with all you have to do. Maybe when you are 80 you can "retire".
    I agree with you on the texting. My kids text rather than call and they always seem to decide to text when I am going to bed at night. On the other hand my friend from Virginia calls all the time and she non-stop talks for an hour till I rudely have to cut her off ! So it is six of one, half dozen of the other I guess.

    Hope your week goes well D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can rest when I’m dead...and i’ll take the half dozen anytime...

      Delete