Monday, October 1, 2018

Oct 1....

first day of bow season and I stood in the kitchen watching the sun come up...feet were hurting so bad I didn’t want to walk yet...30 days left so no hurry....crossbow is sighted in still so hopefully 4 years in a row with it

bonfire tonight with or without visitors...a pot of chili will be hanging and I will have to get a picture of my new tripod...fire is stacked and ready to light and the chili is simmering....

got that second mowing half done and it does look fine to see the grass like I want it...

wrote a couple things this morning...here’s a taste

A sliver of moonlight cuts through the curtain
and falls upon an empty pillow...
My eyes stare in the dark
while my mind imagines your face glowing in the moonlight
sleeping peacefully
and smiling...

2 comments:

  1. My feet have been hurting all week. I think from being on them more with that second job I took on recently. I'm sorry yours are hurting. I know you said something about not liking anyone to touch them because of some injury some time ago? At least I think it was you but I'm senile so ...

    I love your writing. I love how your mind works and I know I get "snippy" when my friends don't write, but that is because I feed off of words because words show what is in the heart and spirit. And you have a beautiful heart and spirit. So thank you for sharing . Sorry I didn't see this till now. I just happened to look on my feed on blogger and saw you had posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my daughter knows how to ‘touch’ them...gently

      I think it’s the desk...I have had it for 15 years and 99% of my writing takes place here...it has spirits hiding in it

      Delete