Saturday, August 25, 2018

where did I go wrong...?

been a busy week and only now while it rains I have a chance to post some nonsense. Kari now has a new carpet installed and all the transition trim is down...closets are ready for clothes and kitchen is ready for food...more work outside in the spring and maybe a new roof.

Ethan heads south in the morning and I am waiting for a call as to when I head north...that way I’m not sleeping in my car waiting for the crew. There is worse than sleeping in a bunkhouse...

still getting 40-60 miles a week which isn’t much but it is something...since we don’t open till next Friday I might get miles every morning this coming week...

our annual seafood festival in this tiny midwestern town is today....they sell a $2 meal for $10 and everyone thinks they had seafood...frozen chopped fish squares is not seafood.................

2 comments:

  1. I bet Kari is just thrilled with all the work that has been done in her house. And I bet she is very appreciative of you for all you do.

    I assume the by the miles you mean on the bike. Hey, that is a whole heck of a lot more than most people in our age group get, including myself. I admire that about you, that you stay physically active.

    Haha about the seafood. I guess living there you aren't too close to anything resembling real seafood, but even here on the coast it is hard to get good seafood, mostly because people can't cook it right. But there are a few good places. One of the best places I have had seafood is in this little small place in St. Mary's Georgia right on the intercoastal waterway. I can't remember the name of it but it was cooked to perfection.

    Where did you go wrong???? I can't imagine that you have gone wrong in any way. Look at that young man who is heading home in the morning. He is living proof that you did it all right.

    Have a great week and know you are always missed when you are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ate at my brothers this evening....the catfish we caught Wednesday...thats fresh here...never frozen and delicious....there was a place in Clearwater that had it as fresh as possible...from the boat to my table shrimp...could taste the salt.....wow

    maybe someday...............

    ReplyDelete