Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday’s Solitude

Breakfast is served and I sit listening to iTunes. Music makes me feel and think...not always together but when it does my mind spins. Most times thats a good thing but on occasion it can depress and those thoughts bring dark ink to the paper. Ironically iTunes plays only what is in my library so the next song usually snaps me out of the darkness and lets me look back and smile....

I remember coming home on leave and trying to stuff a week into 3 or 4 days and nights...Ethan will be driving back on a few hours sleep only to get a few hours before he has to be on duty....only for the young.

Not really excited about getting back on the road for 5 weeks but I made an agreement with a friend and I don’t go back on my word...hope she can get good help next year because I am making other plans.

2 comments:

  1. music can take us away on wonderful journeys or drop us into the dark,that's why we program our own songs! :)

    another 5 weeks Dana? dayum, you sure do like to keep yourself VERY busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you still had five weeks on the road, but you did say your entire summer was taken, so I guess that would make sense.
    I think music does have a way of bringing out emotions, both good and bad. I rarely write my "darker" moods anymore. Nobody really cares so I don't share that part of myself much nowadays. Luckily for me, I am mostly either upbeat or on an even plane most of the time now.

    Hope your five weeks goes by quickly !

    ReplyDelete