Tuesday, February 6, 2018

life as it is.....

New Orleans is pretty much a shithole...by mid afternoon the streets are lined with trash, half the people look homeless, and half the city is in shambles...the other half doesn’t care about the first half as long as they don’t hit on them for cash...we still had a great time looking at the buildings and history...

driving across this country has always shown me the actual reality of what is going on...from the high dollar homes on huge manicured acres to the trailer surrounded by junk cars and trucks that haven’t ran in 30 years...the jogger in the $200 outfit and $100 shoes and the farmer in worn bibs and shit covered rubber boots tending his livestock....you can see it all if you keep your eyes open but most are too busy looking at their phones while the cruise is set at 85mph.....


3 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about New Orleans when I was there years ago. But I did love looking at the old houses and the old buildings, and the cemeteries were kind of cool lol. The streets smelled like piss though :-O. I would rather see the farmer in worn bibs than the jogger in their overpriced outfit any day. Welcome home dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, didn’t know you were there....we did find an antique weapons store that was an hour out our day....swords of 1812...Navy Colts from 1860’s...Roman coins !!...all too cool

      Delete
    2. I visited my brother years ago when he lived in Covington LA which is on the north shore of the lake. He took my daughter and I in to New Orleans one morning

      Delete