Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A morning thought...

As the sun fought to raise it’s weary self over the horizon

setting the lingering rainclouds on fire

I wondered how your face would look in the predawn glow

I’m sure it would make getting up to take care of morning tasks a bit more difficult

the garden might suffer a few more weeds and the chickens would complain a bit

but I’m afraid it would all wait just a little longer for me to show up

unless you longed to see the sunrise like the kid in me....

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know how her face would look, but when I think of myself, a line from Maggie May comes to mind LOLOL :-) "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age"

    Having said that since I can't seem to be serious these days, I will tell you once again that you have a beautiful mind and it is reflected in words such as these.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you never have to be serious with me...

      Delete
    2. I'm glad that you have always just let me be myself, good or bad. Thank you <3

      Delete